As part of an online marketing series, the SWCODA in Durango, Colorado put on a series of several marketing breakout sessions. I was invited to speak about how to get started using a third-party social media scheduling app to improve your social media strategy.
What is a social media scheduling app?
A third party application where you can plan your social media content and schedule it to be posted (for you) at a pre-determined time. This is a platform that is separate from the native platforms such as Facebook or Instagram.
Why use a social media scheduling app?
- Schedule at peak times or when you are unavailable
- Improve your schedule consistency so you stay in the feeds
- Better quality control of your content calendar so you reach the right people
What can you do with a social media scheduling app?
- Plan ahead for holidays and events
- Schedule in bulk across multiple platforms
- Collaborate with others
- Analyze more metrics
Some suggested Platforms for Small Businesses and Individuals:
- Buffer.com (best value at the free/lower price points)
- hootsuite.com (more options for metrics)
- later.com (best for Instagram-only strategies)
- coschedule.com (good for large teams/integrates with WordPress)
Q & A
Tune in at the end to hear more about the following:
- 27:33 How do I set up the e-commerce page on my Instagram?
- 30:17 Should I post the same content to Instagram and Facebook?
- 32:17 Is it just trial and error to figure out my audience and the peak time for my audience?
- 38:19 How many times should I post a week?